Yoga is a great exercise at any age. It keeps you flexible, is low-impact on your joints, and helps rebuild muscle mass.
Here are threeÂ great yoga poses for beginners:
- Tree PoseÂ
- Stand with your legs together and your arms over your head. Your palms should be touching.
- Raise your heelÂ slightly off the ground with your toes still touching the ground.
- Rest your heel on the inside of your ankle.
- Balance for thirty seconds.
- Repeat with the other leg.
- Lie on your back with both knees bent and your feet flat on the floor. Your feet should be hips width apart.
- Inhale and lift your hips upward off the floor, rolling up the length of your spine.
- Hold for 6 slow breaths.
- Release by exhaling and slowly rolling back down from the shoulders to the hips.
- Chair Pose
- Stand with your feet together.
- Inhale and swing your arms out to the side and above your head. Your palms should be facing inwards.
- Exhale and bend your knees as if you are getting ready to sit down on a chair.
- Hold for thirty seconds.
- Inhale and stand up straight while lowering your arms.